How Power Plate Helps Reverse Osteoporosis, Builds Denser Bones
The power plate vibrates your body and engages the majority of your muscle fibers at one time.
But these vibrations also impact your bones in a very positive way.
- Park SY, Son WM, Kwon OS. Effects of whole body vibration training on body composition, skeletal muscle strength, and cardiovascular health. J Exerc Rehabil 2015, 11:289-295.
- Slatkovska L, Alibhai SM, Beyene J, Cheung AM. Effect of whole-body vibration on BMD: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Osteoporos Int 2010, 21:1969-1980.
- Slatkovska L, Alibhai SM, Beyene J, et al. Effect of 12 months of whole-body vibration therapy on bone density and structure in postmenopausal women: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2011, 155:668-679, W205.
- Verschueren SM, Roelants M, Delecluse C, et al. Effect of 6-month whole body vibration training on hip density, muscle strength, and postural control in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled pilot study. J Bone Miner Res 2004, 19:352-359.
- Orr R. The effect of whole body vibration exposure on balance and functional mobility in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Maturitas 2015, 80:342-358.
- Bogaerts A, Verschueren S, Delecluse C, et al. Effects of whole body vibration training on postural control in older individuals: a 1 year randomized controlled trial. Gait Posture 2007, 26:309-316.
- Kawanabe K, Kawashima A, Sashimoto I, et al. Effect of whole-body vibration exercise and muscle strengthening, balance, and walking exercises on walking ability in the elderly. Keio J Med 2007, 56:28-33.
- Bogaerts A, Delecluse C, Claessens AL, et al. Impact of whole-body vibration training versus fitness training on muscle strength and muscle mass in older men: a 1-year randomized controlled trial. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2007, 62:630-635.
- Machado A, Garcia-Lopez D, Gonzalez-Gallego J, Garatachea N. Whole-body vibration training increases muscle strength and mass in older women: a randomized-controlled trial. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2010, 20:200-207.
- Figueroa A, Kalfon R, Madzima TA, Wong A. Whole-body vibration exercise training reduces arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women with prehypertension and hypertension. Menopause 2014, 21:131-136.
- Roelants M, Delecluse C, Goris M, Verschueren S. Effects of 24 weeks of whole body vibration training on body composition and muscle strength in untrained females. Int J Sports Med 2004, 25:1-5.
- Figueroa A, Gil R, Wong A, et al. Whole-body vibration training reduces arterial stiffness, blood pressure and sympathovagal balance in young overweight/obese women. Hypertens Res 2012, 35:667-672.
- Delecluse C, Roelants M, Verschueren S. Strength increase after whole-body vibration compared with resistance training. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2003, 35:1033-1041.